So why have the added commitment of the blog? Why put one more thing on our full, all-you-can-do-buffet plates?
Some of you may wonder why my blog is always appearing in your newsfeed. Why do I blog? Why does anyone blog? What’s it matter what I had for dinner, how I made it, and how hipster of a picture I took of it?
I did answered this once last year, but I think it deserves revisiting. So, here are a few reasons:
- To stay in touch with Will and I’s family and friends both near and far.
- To cherish life and cultivate a grateful attitude for the everyday and the momentous.
- To have a record of our adventures to look back on.
- To have another outlet for God to use us.
- and lastly, because we enjoy it.
1. To stay in touch with Will and I’s family and friends both near and far.
Long distance relationships are tough. They take a lot of time, effort, discipline, and openness. Maybe it seems lazy to say that blogging is one of our ways of keeping in touch with all of our estranged friends and family, but the truth is we have a lot of relationships we value and not enough time to spend with them. The PomeroyLife lets us share life with others more efficiently.
If you fall in any of those categories, old friend, new friend, family, or you want to be our friend then please subscribe to the blog, or bookmark it. Leave comments. We want you to read our stories and share yours with us =)
2. To cherish life and cultivate a grateful attitude for the everyday and the momentous.
3. To have a record of our adventures to look back on.
Will and I also enjoy sharing about how we do life because it provides us with a rich record of our adventures together. It’s like a journal that we can use to not only help us remember where we have been, but also to help us maintain an intentional attitude of gratitude. The seemingly insignificant, normal moments of life make up more of our story than the highlight reel does. Will and I value the outlet of blogging because it helps us have a posture of savoring life – even the every day and the mundane.
4. To have another outlet for God to use us.
Both of us want our life to make an impact. God is boundless, and He can use us anytime, anywhere. We love that the blog allows us the opportunity to not just reach friends and family, or those in our community, but literally the entire world! How awesome is that?!
I have no idea how God intends to use the things we share on here, but I know that He can. And furthermore, how cool is it that He gave us minds to invent the internet and blogs!
5. Because We Enjoy It.
Ultimately, we don’t need any other reason than that. Like the dove wrapper says- you don’t need a reason; you just need a moment.