Thanks for stopping by the Pomeroy Life! Let me introduce myself. I am Devra, the main author here at the Pomeroy Life. I like long talks, walks on the beach and romantic picnics at sunset. Kidding! I do like a good sunset though =). Especially ones at Will’s family’s farm like these:
I am a wordy person and consequently a wordy writer. Hang with me. I am working on it. I want you to understand who I am and why I invest a lot of time into this blog. I have a lot of friends and family scattered around the nation/world. I started blogging one summer when I was in China as a way to stay in touch with my friends and family. Turns out I enjoy blogging, so I stuck with it. I hope you will subscribe and stick with us as we go on our everyday adventures.
Sometimes I wonder why I publicize so much of our lives. Aside from the fact that a clause in our vows was that I am in charge of PR for our little family, I really do ask myself – why do I share so much via social media? It’s not to brag or make will and I seem awesome. It’s not to try to put forth an image that isn’t us. I do it because I have friends and family everywhere who I want to include in our lives. I do this because it helps me savor the grand life that god has blessed me with. I do it in hopes that something about our lives can be a blessing to someone else – near or far.
If you were to follow me around the things you would notice are:
- my inherent klutziness and innate ability to make a mess, usually of myself.
- I function purely because of coffee till the clock strikes noon.
- I enjoy exercising; Will tells me that I am a recovering jock. Really I am an actual jock still; but that works out for me because Will thinks sweats and V-necks is an attractive style! What can I say; I picked good! I run a lot, especially with the dog.
- I really like to cook and love to bake (not a good combo with the messy thing). In fact, I not only love doing it, but baking is also the way that I show love to other people. Every moment is best enjoyed with something to eat.
- Consequently, you probably would not make it through a day of stalking me without uncovering the fact that I am gluten intolerant. So for all you other Gluten Free people out there, a lot of my recipes will be things that you can use!
- I am a people person, and have a hunger for being busy. I CANNOT sit still…. never have been able to get that adult behavior down.
- I am also a bit of a hippy.
- Also, I am a Christian. I love Jesus and love His creation. I love taking walks, going for hikes, working outside, traveling, and having flowers around – anything to marvel at creation.
I graduated from a small Christian College in Kansas with a degree in Cross-Cultural Studies. I love culture and travel so why not?! Currently I am working as an administrative assistant. BUT I just started the long journey of going back to school to become a Registered Dietitian. Being a jock, being gluten free, and Will’s love for agriculture makes me extremely interested in nutrition. So here’s to hopefully making a career out of it!